Webmaster Chat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webmaster Chat Forum

Discuss Webmaster Issues. Get help and help others.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SEOSEO  
Get Top Ranking in Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Get forum link building packages from Linkgenie.

Frame height problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
suleka

Frame height problem Empty
PostSubject: Frame height problem   Frame height problem EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Hey all,

I've got a frame on my site, which is a simple box, made for a poll. Once the user has voted, it loads a new page with the results in the frame. A lot of people told me I shouldn't use frames because they're bad, but atm I don't care, it's good like that, and I want to use it !

The only problem is the height. I can set the height so it's not too small or too big, but the problem is that the height is not relative. That means if I remove "height: xxxpx;" from the CSS stylesheet, it automatically sets the frame at 50 px or so but that's too small, so the scrollbars appear and you have to scroll in the frame. And that's weird. Any idea how I could change that ? Do you see what I mean ? Cause I will change the question of the poll quite often and then I would have to change the height in the stylesheet everytime, that's crap

Thanks in advance,
Back to top Go down
kamaleesh

PostSubject: hai   Frame height problem EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:36 pm

well i can see the problem. is a standart type error.
if you look here you have a > in the first line, before </iframe> you have >. <iframe id="booking" runat="server" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="100%"> height="500" allowTransparency="true" src="www.booking.com" ></iframe>
to make make it work the code work it should look like this <iframe id="booking" runat="server" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="500" allowTransparency="true" src="www.booking.com" ></iframe>

hope it will help.
Back to top Go down
spawar

PostSubject: Re: Frame height problem   Frame height problem EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:28 am

suleka wrote:
Hey all,

I've got a frame on my site, which is a simple box, made for a poll. Once the user has voted, it loads a new page with the results in the frame. A lot of people told me I shouldn't use frames because they're bad, but atm I don't care, it's good like that, and I want to use it !

The only problem is the height. I can set the height so it's not too small or too big, but the problem is that the height is not relative. That means if I remove "height: xxxpx;" from the CSS stylesheet, it automatically sets the frame at 50 px or so but that's too small, so the scrollbars appear and you have to scroll in the frame. And that's weird. Any idea how I could change that ? Do you see what I mean ? Cause I will change the question of the poll quite often and then I would have to change the height in the stylesheet everytime, that's crap
By default I set the iframe height to 400px and if the loaded page is of more height then it will show the scrollbar which is absolutely ok. No Issues..

Thanks in advance,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame height problem   Frame height problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Frame height problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Webmaster Chat Forum  :: Webmaster Forum :: Web Design-
Jump to: