Webmaster Chat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webmaster Chat Forum

Discuss Webmaster Issues. Get help and help others.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SEOSEO  
Get Top Ranking in Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Get forum link building packages from Linkgenie.

Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chirantha

Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags?   Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:08 am

Hi,
I am currently working with an XML file and I am very unfamiliar with this.

Specifically, I have to put in a description next to a video. Here is a sample of what I am dealing with:

<node n= "Introduction Part I" p="./photos/01.jpg" dur="287" v="IntroPart1.flv">
<txt1>Introduction Part I</txt1>

<txt2>Introducing Sample
*number1
*number2
*number3 </txt2>

<txt3>Introducing Sample 2</txt3>

Everything shows up under the txt1 and txt2, but nothing shows up under txt3. Does anyone know why?

Plus when I publish this file, the spaces between each line is so large and I don't know how to fix it. Also does anyone know how I can make the font size smaller?

I am really a novice when it comes to HTML and XML and I really don't know how I got my self into this!! LOL. Please help!
Back to top Go down
Isiah

Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags?   Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:41 pm

XML is projected to transfer and transport data and also store them depending upon what sort of data it is. HTML is intended to focus on the presentation of data and how it is displayed.

It looks like your XML is read by an application and your XML seems like it is invalid. The application you use needs a valid XML. The font size is directed by that application and it is managed outside of the XML.
Back to top Go down

Is anyone familiar with XML and the different tags?
Page 1 of 1