Webmaster Chat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Webmaster Chat Forum

Discuss Webmaster Issues. Get help and help others.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  SEOSEO  
Get Top Ranking in Google, Yahoo and Bing.
Get forum link building packages from Linkgenie.

SEO and Dynamic websites - question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bimanka

bimanka

SEO and Dynamic websites - question Empty
PostSubject:  SEO and Dynamic websites - question    SEO and Dynamic websites - question EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:37 pm

I've been reading about SEO for my dynamic website. From wt I learned, dynamic URLs are not Crawler friendly and usually crawlers ignore URLs with queries and ?-& signs.

My site is dynamic and is a small stock images site. When I search for my images I get results for my works posted on Istockphoto.com and Dreamstime.com but not from my website, although I have friendly URLs and submitted xml sitemap to the search engines.

My question is... how comes istockphoto.com and dreamstime.com are being well indexed despite their dynamic URLs, same things with forums.. how comes forum posts rank high and get indexed despite their dynamic URLs...

Anyone can help me understand this?
Back to top Go down
saniya

saniya

PostSubject: hai    SEO and Dynamic websites - question EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 9:09 pm

I heard that dynamic URLs are harder to crawl - but not impossible.

Here is a good article to read: Dynamic page challenges
Back to top Go down
Sankey

PostSubject: Re:  SEO and Dynamic websites - question    SEO and Dynamic websites - question EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 am

According to Google, crawling and ranking your dynamic URL that is made to appear like a static URL may be quite difficult. A dynamic URL normally has a question mark and an equal’s symbol. Here are some URL optimization tips:

-Don’t make the URL structure too complicated or difficult to manage.
-If the URL has parameters that are not related to the content, get rid of it.
-Try as much as possible to keep the length of the URL short.
-See that the keywords are placed at the beginning of the URL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re:  SEO and Dynamic websites - question    SEO and Dynamic websites - question Empty

Back to top Go down

SEO and Dynamic websites - question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Webmaster Chat Forum  :: Webmaster Forum :: Web Design-
Jump to: